The company was founded in 1936 at the current premises in Drip Road, Stirling, by William Asher who at that time was producing traditional ice cream in a salt and ice freezer. This was sold from vans in Stirling and the surrounding villages.
After the Second World War he was joined by his son, also William, whereupon plans for expansion of the business were put in place. In 1948 a new purpose built ice cream factory was built on the site at Drip Road. This allowed the business to expand into the supply of ice cream to retailers, caterers and independent mobilers throughout Central Scotland. Due to the success of the business further expansions of the facility were made in 1966 and 1978.
The business in now operated by the third generation of the Asher family and specialises in the retail sale of ice cream at static sites and outdoor events throughout Scotland.